Member of the Executive Committee
Aharon (Ronny) Gal, Ph.D.
Chief Strategy & Growth Officer since July 18, 2022
In his role as Chief Strategy & Growth Officer, Ronny is responsible for the end-to-end portfolio strategy of Novartis to support the company’s long-term growth, including oversight of corporate strategy, research and development portfolio strategy and business development.
Our company’s next phase of growth will be fueled by the rigor with which we manage our leading pipeline of innovative medicines, guided by the deepest industry insights. I’m honored to lead a function that plays a critical role in unlocking the full potential of the Novartis pipeline for our patients and our business.
Ronny joined Novartis in July 2022, bringing over 20 years of experience in the life-sciences industry spanning financial research and analytics, management consulting, and business development. As a thought leader in the healthcare sector, Ronny is recognized for his deep thematic research across therapeutic areas, technology platforms, and key industry topics such as US healthcare reform.
Prior to joining Novartis, Ronny was the Senior Analyst covering the US biopharmaceutical industry at Sanford Bernstein, a New York-based research and brokerage firm, where he held positions of increasing responsibility after joining in 2004. Before joining Sanford Bernstein, Ronny started his career with the Boston Consulting Group, where he focused primarily on healthcare.
Ronny holds a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a B.Sc. in Chemistry from Emory University, both in the US.
Nationality: Israeli/American | Year of birth: 1966
- Senior analyst, US biopharmaceutical, Sanford Bernstein, US (2020–June 2022)
- Senior analyst, US specialty pharmaceuticals and Biotech, Sanford Bernstein, US (2016–2020)
- Senior analyst, US specialty pharmaceuticals and EU mid-cap pharmaceuticals, Sanford Bernstein, US, UK (2013–2016)
- Senior analyst, US specialty pharmaceuticals, Sanford Bernstein, US (2004–2013)
- Vice president, Canon US Life Sciences, US (2003–2004)
- Consultant, team leader, manager, The Boston Consulting Group, Inc., US, Singapore, China (1996–2002)
- Scientific advisor, Pure Honey Technologies, US
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Emory University, US