Member of the Executive Committee as of May 1, 2022
President, US, since April 4, 2022
As President of the US unit for Novartis, Victor Bulto is pursuing a bold strategy to reimagine medicine and deliver on the company’s responsibility to unlock the potential for helping patients in the world’s largest healthcare market.
Victor is driven by the pressing need to translate medicines to outcomes – at scale and equitably – and transform the patient experience to help mitigate the challenges people living with disease face in getting diagnosed, obtaining medicine, and staying on treatment within the complex US healthcare system.
We have a duty to do better for patients and customers whose experiences are being shaped by digital technology and new business models in most other aspects of their lives outside of healthcare. This takes a customer-obsessed, data-driven organization committed to meeting patients and providers in, and becoming a part of, the ecosystems in which they live.
Prior to this role, Victor served as President, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, leading the US pharmaceuticals business. Victor has been with Novartis for 18 years and has broad, multinational experience in the healthcare industry. He has worked across every therapeutic area at Novartis Pharmaceuticals and played critical roles in launching numerous products.
He held various other positions at Novartis, including Head of the US Alcon Pharmaceuticals Franchise and Head of the Neuroscience Franchise for Region Europe, where he had responsibility for the overall strategy, growth and profitability of these businesses. Before joining Novartis, Victor was a medical device sales representative.
Victor has a strong track-record as a people-first leader with a focus on creating a culture where each individual can show up every day as their authentic self to best serve the interests of people living with disease.
I feel strongly that culture is built through the actions of every individual in the organization. It’s important for people at every level to feel included, supported, accountable and empowered to create the culture that will help propel us into the future.
Outside of Novartis, Victor is an avid photographer and enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters.
Nationality: Spanish | Year of birth: 1978
- President, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, US (2019–April 2022)
- Vice President & Head US Immunology & Dermatology Franchise, US (2017–2019)
- Vice President & Head US Alcon Pharmaceuticals, US (2016–2017)
- Head Neuroscience Franchise, Region Europe, Novartis, Switzerland (2013–2016)
- Business Franchise Head Neuroscience, Novartis, Spain (2012–2013)
- Business Franchise Head Neuroscience/MS, Respiratory, Osteoarticular, Spain, Novartis (2010–2012)
- Marketing Head Respiratory, Osteoarticular, Novartis, Spain (2009–2010)
- Board member, Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), US
- Master of business administration, ESADE Business School, Spain
- Master’s degree in health economics and pharmacoeconomics, Pompeu Fabra University Spain
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering, Ramon Llull University, Spain
- Bachelor’s of science degree in chemistry, Ramon Llull University, Spain