At Novartis, everyone is required to report Code of Ethics violations. The SpeakUp Office (formerly named Business Practices Office) offers employees and people outside of Novartis a channel through which to report misconduct.
The SpeakUp Office helps Novartis act with the highest ethical standards in the following ways:
- Empowering associates to speak up without fear
- Treating those that trust us with their concerns with respect, fairness, confidentiality and protection against retaliation
- Establishing the facts and trying to understand the truth with a sense of urgency
- Ensuring fair and consistent remedial actions
- Providing feedback to those courageous enough to raise concerns
Complaints can be made by email, phone, online or in-person. The web-based and telephone channels are operated via a third-party vendor. The SpeakUp Office manages investigations into all complaints, and escalates any substantiated cases of misconduct to management for appropriate action. Reports of alleged misconduct can be made anonymously, however, anonymity may limit the ability to fully and thoroughly investigate a claim.
We report on complaints received and substantiated in our Novartis in Society Integrated Report.