Member of the Executive Committee
President, Innovative Medicines International & Chief Commercial Officer since April 4, 2022
As President of the Innovative Medicines International unit for Novartis, Marie-France Tschudin focuses on strengthening and growing the company’s leading market positions in countries outside of the US. In her concurrent role as Chief Commercial Officer, Marie-France oversees the global commercial strategy, bridging the company's scientific and commercial efforts.
Marie-France is inspired by the opportunity to partner across the healthcare community to transform how Novartis innovative medicines reach people living with disease.
Patients can’t wait, and deserve better. We have an incredible opportunity to change the lives of millions of people. Our job is to focus intently on the needs of patients, physicians and healthcare systems, and to bring them our treatments in a way that is as innovative as our science.
Marie-France took on her current role on April 4, 2022, after serving as President of the Novartis Pharmaceuticals Business Unit from 2019. She joined Novartis in 2017 as Europe Region Head. She speaks six languages and draws on more than 25 years of multinational experience in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Throughout her career, she has established a strong record of driving commercial excellence, maintaining integrity and championing a commitment to patients.
Her goal as a leader is to create a diverse and inclusive environment where people are empowered to be their best selves and collaborate to have a real impact for patients. She believes that having a strong work-life balance is one of the keys to succeeding both personally and professionally.
I can do my job effectively only by finding the right balance to engage fully at work and at home. What truly matters to me are the teams around me, and creating strong support networks for each other.
Outside of Novartis, Marie-France is a member of the board of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA), the IMD Foundation and AXA. In her spare time, she enjoys skiing and gardening, and spending time with her husband and two sons.
Nationality: Swiss | Year of birth: 1971
- President, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland (2019 – April 2022)
- President, Advanced Accelerator Applications, France (2019)
- Europe Region Head, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland (2017–2019)
- Corporate vice president of hematology and oncology for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Celgene International, Switzerland (2014–2016)
- Regional vice president of northern Europe, Celgene International, Switzerland (2012–2014)
- General manager of Austria, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia and Slovakia, Celgene International, Switzerland (2009–2011)
- Country manager of Switzerland, Celgene International, Switzerland (2008–2009)
- Board member, IMD Foundation, Switzerland
- Board member, AXA, France
- Board member, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA), Belgium
- Master of Business Administration, IMD business school, Switzerland
- Bachelor of Science, Georgetown University, US
Information is accurate as of February 1, 2023